<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9499333?origin\x3dhttp://dreamzzhuzz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Life
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Race the Night 2010.
Adidas Sundown Marathon.

It's the annual event again.
But this year, we had signed up for the Half (21Km) Marathon!

As usual, we did our weekly/monthly training. However, I think we weren't very active in our training as compared to last year. Is it just me? Or probably because of the raining season that disrupted our running plans. HA!

Anyway, this year's event was held at Changi Exhisbition Centre (CEC) whereas last year was at Changi Village. I guess they had a change of venue was due to the opening of 21KM Marathon this year. You know, additional event = more people = larger space needed.

We were lucky cause Lance drove us down. Otherwise we would be like those thousands of people who were complaining of the lousy (logistic) shuttle bus provided by the event. Many waited for hours and were even late for their race event. Tsk tsk.

We reached early like 7.30pm and proceed to walk the carnival, got our light sticks, rest & stretched. Soon, it was time for our race which shot off at 9pm. I remembered feeling really nervous before the race.

There were so many people, I ended losing the sight of my friends even before I reach the 2km mark. So throughout the run, I was alone. I didn't have a good start which I guess was because of my late dinner. I only ate at 6pm. I felt heated as if I'm gonna burst anytime. Luckily the hydration station saved me. I also thought the sign board indicating the kilometres mark were kind of misleading, for some.

I've concluded that I've performed better at later part of the run. However, there was a point that I suffered from muscle cramps on my right thigh and I had to slow things down so as not to escalate the pain. I had to ask another runner for the timing in order to pace my run.

Towards the last few kilometres of the run, 有心无力 best described how I felt. I was at my most energetic moment but my legs were aching so badly that it refused to lift up for the run. I had to keep convincing myself that I could do it. As the saying goes, mind over body.

Upon reaching 100m to the finishing line, where there were people cheering and photographing, I tried my best to run as fast as I could. But I suffered another cramp on my right 5 toes. It got cramped so badly I had difficulty running. I continued to grip my teeth and run because I don't wanna finish my run by walking or rather being photographed walking. Wahaha.

I had to limp back to the resting area after the run and immediately applied the counterpain to relief my strained muscles.

And so, I am Ranked 1005 and Chip Time was 03:09:03.

It was a really satisfying run and I'm glad we did it. :)

♥ within me ♥
12:06 AM


& Writer
do fun things here!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Jamie. ZZ
17.12
Sagittarius
Working Adult

extreme sweetttooth. temperamental. reserved. imaginative. dreamy. lazy. travelholic.



& Her loves

slp. music. travel. outing. munching. dreaming. bolster. desserts. family. friends. dahling.

& Speaks




& DARlinks

Bel| Cheryl| Janice|
Jiawen| Ken| Nicole
Ouyang| Rachel| Ruifang
Ruowen| Vivien

& Credits

Designer: Cheryl
Image: Deviant Artist
Picture edited by: YANchiew

& Archives
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011