Yes. My First trip to Taiwan was in June 2008 and I totally fell in love with that country. Now, let's walk down the memory lane.

Day One. It was a departure on a Tuesday so we had Gelare's waffle at 50%. Took the afternoon flight and upon arriving Kaohsiung, it was already 7plus. Ok, (look at the right top 2nd pic) we saw this very interesting baggage on the belt conveyor. It amused me and I think the person must have had a bad experience. Our first stop was at 六合夜市 and how can we forget about TW's snacks! ;) I love the spicy fishballs but was forbidden to eat more. bleah. The Guava is realllly sweet!

Day 2. Rise and Shine to breakfast provided by the hotel. (Btw, TW's breakfast are usually porridge) We only ate alittle and Dah. brought me out to the next street for 鲁肉饭. Yum. Next were visits to the tourist's attractions around KS. We went further up to Kenting. KT's a summer place with pretty beaches and many Taiwanese goes there for surfing. It was drizzling and windy when we were there hence the big waves splashing against the sands. One of the place we went was 猫鼻头 which was a beautiful scenic place. Night stop at Kenting Night Market. Pretty lots of things there and Dah. introduced the Heineken Plum Green Tea to me. It was really good! You should try it too.

Day 3. We were leaving Kenting in the morning. Stopped along the street for yummy sweet mangos and the tour guide brought us for a round of car race. OMG. It was scary yet thrilling. I've never even played Go-Kart in S'pore but I thought I should give it a try since I'm already there. Afterwhich we went for a short tuk tuk train ride to explore their train station. We had a chance to play this ball game too. The inflatable ball is enormous enough to fit 1-2 person. It has an interesting concept cause you get in the ball and while it rolls on the water, you have to try balancing and stand upright in the ball. I must say I'm quite good in this game. Heh. Our night stay was at a hot spring hotel, situated on the hill. The hotel has a public hot spring which provides hot, cold, aromatic, mud, jacuzzi hot springs and sauna on their highest level. But what's more unexpected is that they have two hot spring tubs attached in every bathroom. How cool. Their rooms were super cosy and pretty. I love love this hotel.

Day 4. Journey to Nantou's famous tourist's attraction - Sun Moon Lake (the eastern part of the lake is round like the sun and the western side is shaped like a crescent moon, hence the name “Sun Moon Lake). Pray, sight see and took the boat ride. Nice scenery but I think it'll be even gorgeous in the evening. No? Anyway, while traveling to Taichung, the tour guide stop by to allow the 槟榔西施 to get on board and purchased one box of 槟榔 for us. I had one try and spit it out moments after biting it. It has a rubbery smell and it actually numbs your tongue. Upon reaching TC, we headed straight to DIY suncakes. It was fun as we could create our own design and bring it back. We made our prominent portrait on the cakes. Teehee. Do you know that Suncakes are orginally from Taichung? Night stop was at 逢甲夜市 and I found 鮮芋仙. Of course I couldn't miss this chance. They have really good desserts, both hot and cold. I especially love the grass jelly. One of the must have in Taiwan.
Alright. I'm suppose to write a summary on this trip. But I seriously sucks at summarising my thoughts. Bleah. So I'll leave the 2nd half to another post. :)