Race the Night!
First of my life.

30.05.2009, an ordinary Saturday.
But for us, it's a day of excitement.
Dah. & I got our needed 8 hours sleep. Decided to warm up by lunching at Fish & Co. and window shop. Because it is preferably to stop huge food intake 4 hours before runs, thus I went frantically mad. About 2 hours after lunch, we had bubble tea and donuts just so to fill our tummies.


Adidas Sundown Freebie Bag which includes
a running top, Bib, D-Tag (for capturing race timing) & shaver (not in pic).
On our way out, we noticed dark clouds forming the sky. Few minutes later, it started drizzling . We hoped on the bus and headed to the gathering point. It was rather crowded so we found ourselves a spot for the last preparation and of course, photo taking.


Free neon lights given at the carnival.
They are so pretty. I wore all 5 colours. Ha!

That's our running shoes with the D-Tag attached.
The pair of shoe that I wore was given to me by my mum many years ago. I remembered her saying that I've never make good use of it.
Now, I hope she see this. (:
I am one who hasn't run for ages & could only manage to complete 4 runs of a stadium. But someday, we enrolled ourselves for the Team Challenge 10.5Km and got started on our weekly training. Despite our busy schedule, we made the effort to run twice or at least once every week. Because I'm a newbie, so we started on the 3km around raffles. At first, I remembered completing only 1/2 of the run. But I subsequently got better. We also turn to Bedok Reservoir for our other training outlet. Like the formal, I only managed to complete 1/2 of the run. But the next run, I completed a whole reservoir.
Now, like I mentioned before, running requires basic stamina. The rest would be on one's mindset.
It is usually the toughest on the first & last few kilometers of the run. I recalled having regret thoughts on landing myself in this run because it seems impossible. But I knew that there's no way I could turn back so I pull up my socks and gave self-encouragement. I run and run and run, only stopping once for a cup of drink at 5km. At about 7-8km, I started feeling the aches but I did not give up because I knew that I'm near the finishing line. I sped up at 9km and then overhead someone shouting "100m more!" At this point, I sprint to the final line. Hahaha. It is really satisfying. To know that I could do it if I believe in myself.
Team: Eclipse
Individual Rank: 1468
Individual best time: 1:17:45.39
0 - 5 km: 36:37.19
5 - 10km: 41:56.05


These were after run. We looked really shagged.
There were Frolicks at the carnival. So we had free yogurt!
And look! There's a massage place for Ultra & Marathons.

This visor came as a surprise. Very pretty.
" I wanna thank Dah. and Rowie. For the patience and constant accommodating to my pace of running most of the time when you guys could do even better. Really, I appreciate it alot. :)
"I had an extremely great night.
And I look forward to more marathons!