Back to 17.12.2008Simple & Sweet.Right after work, Dah. came to fetch me and off we went for my birthday date. As it was meant to be a surprise, I do not know where we were heading to. But still I managed to guess it right before we even got there. Haha!
So, welcome in to . . .
A Japanese modern fine dining concept; Dozo Restuarant.
Dinner is a 7 course meal in which you get to choose for each category, except starter.
Welcoming dishes:
- Bottom left: Snack in sticks of different flavours. Great for munching while deciding our course for the night.
- Bottom right: Mango drink with crushed ice. I like!
Dish 1: Starter.
- Chef's seasonsal assorted platter. I think there's scallop & foie gras.
Dish 2: Cold Dish.
- Top: Beef tataki with shaved parmesan and truffle mayo mosaic. I did not try this. But I guess he likes it.
- Bottom: Succulent king crab claw salad drizzled with sesame vinaigrette. The crab meat is fresh and sweet. YUM.
Dish 3: Side Dish.
- Top: Tempura battered soft shell crab on galette of mash.
- Bottom: Foie gras chawanmushi topped with black truffle slice.
Dish 4: Soup.
- Infusion of cepes mushroom and truffle.
Scenery.
Us while waiting for our main dish.
My Bday Present!
An Agnes B accessory. It's "blink blink" and I love it!
Dish 5: Main Dish.
- Top: Sake infusion grilled unagi on hot stone.
- Bottom: Baked alantic cod fillet on puff pastry.
Surprise!
Complimentary from Dozo.
Very very yummy cheezecake! The best I've ever had thus far.
Dish 6: Desserts!
- Top: Freshly warmed baked chocolate caked with ice-cream.
- Bottom: Dozo's "mo-cha" creme brulee.
I couldn't decide which is better. The cheezecake or the warmed baked chocolate cake. Urgh. They are both so good! It left me lingering for more!
Dish 7: Drinks. (Unique & refreshing!)
And Lastly,
Us.
In conclusion, I highly recommend Dozo Restaurant to you guys! Worth every penny spent.
Thank you ♥ for the wonderful night & dinner!