After so long,It happened again!
Someone called the office today and it happened that the secretary had picked up the call. Seated diagonally 3 tables away from her I vaguely heard that she was trying to explain to the caller (not once but twice) that there wasn't such person he was looking for. Sense of familiarity hit me and immediately, I turned and looked at her.
She must have realised that I was looking at her thus almost immediately she recalled, placed the caller on hold and passed it to me.
The thing is, the secretary couldn't get my name because the caller had mispronounced it. Furthermore, she had repeated the mispronounced name while on the call. So all my colleagues had a good laugh.
Well. This is nothing new to me at all. But it has been awhile since it happen. Now, I used to dislike my name because I
was am often being made fun of and usually the non-chinese would never get it right.
But as I grew up, I started liking it because I changed my perspective and thought it is unique. I still do now.
However, I still couldn't get over it. Sigh. I'm like making a fuss over it but I'm rather anal with this. Haha.
In fact, I felt that my name is a
very personal part of me that I seldom allows the society people to know of it.
That is if I could. :P
I still like my name. I really do. Just that I hate the embarrassment.