Thursday, August 09, 2007
Proud to be where I am.
As usual, I took the same route to the train station I do every morning.
But today, along the path, I heard some rattling sound somewhere near.
I thought to myself, 'it must be some of those nuisance kids'.
But again, it was way too early. Anyway, it got louder.
It was then I realised that it's the neighborhood school celebrating National Day.
I smiled to myself. How I miss those days.
Definitely one of my favourite event, with my favourite teachers, favourite friends, favourite songs, favourite everything. You get what I mean.
I could still visually recall those moments. It just seems like yesterday to me.
Honestly, how could you ever forget those National Day theme songs.
Count on me Singapore, One people one nation, Stand up for Singapore, etc.
They are still the best despite all the theme songs coming up every year.
But I guess they are soon gonna be buried in the memories. I rarely hear them now.
I bet not many of the youngster know those theme songs.
Nevertheless, I know that they stays with me.
Happy 42 Birthday Singapore!
♥ within me ♥
12:38 AM