Monday, June 19, 2006
I'm back from
Penang, since yesterday. 4 days of slow-paced life in
Malaysia was great! It was real slacking and relax over there. We stayed over at
Rachel aunt's sister house, and we had
Rachel's aunt to tour us around for our whole trip. It was really kind of them cause these really save us alot, both the lodging and the transport.
So much that I felt kind of embrassed. I hope we didn't cause troubles. =P
Her
aunt brought us to many places, those that are a must-visit in
Penang. Like the
Snake Temple, Thai Sleeping Buddlha Temple, The Huge Guan Ying Statue, many many eateries, etc.The huge Guan Ying Statue with the 4 of us and Rachel's cousins.
As you can see, we looked so "tiny".
The sun was scorching hot therefore our "mini" eyes!
This splendid view was taken from the hilltop.
It does look beautiful with the clear blue sky and clouds, isn't it?
Can you see what is it?
[look at the enlarged pic below]
This is what we defined as castle look-alike house.
It is really big with a really nicely managed garden.
Erm.. probably you won't be able to enter as you like,
as it is highly secured by guards.
and we saw 3 gardeners! maybe there's more. . .
Lok Lok! It's exactly like steamboat.
Just that the ingredients are string in sticks.
It's also how many sticks you eat and you pay.
Lastly, desserts! Strawberry Ice cream cake [front]
and Mocha Ice cream cake [back]
I had the Strawberry and it taste great!
Really. Couldn't even bare to finish it off.
The main highlight of our trip was sigh-seeing and food I guess. Penang's famous spot and different places for food, it taste different from what you get from S'pore. Much more delicious? I was so afraid that I would go horizontal. ha.. We did shop but didn't buy much. Things are much more cheaper though! Of course, we bought goodies back home. How can we miss it!?
Really thanks to Rachel's aunt and family for their generous treatment. =]
♥ within me ♥
10:32 PM